Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Monday Again?

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." ~Steven Wright

It's Monday again? Yikes -- Thankgiving is a scant three days away. Thank goodness we're heading to my parents', which means we only have to bring something for the table, not prepare food to cover it. Who else is cooking/hosting for the big day?

Thanks to everyone for the concern and well-wishes for hubby's student. At this point we don't know more than he is still in critical condition, but there is no head trauma and he's now survived almost 5 days, so that's a plus.

On the not-so-good side, we had yet another car accident here last Friday night: two cars full of teenagers collided head-on. At least one death. It just breaks my heart. And I'm writing this blog post before I go to school, which I'm dreading because they haven't released the identities of the kids yet, but I'll guarantee we know at least some of them.

Now on the bright side: some good writing over the weekend, with positive revision and reconstruction of Summer's Song (I've cut 6000 words so far) and some good, fun progress on Entwined. I'm still behind, but I'm not stressing. I'll get there!

Current Word Count for Entwined: 10,619

Yesterday's Fave Sentence: She laughs, but she lays her hand on his knee, and he knows it is only a matter of time before he peels that scarf from her neck and tastes for himself the soft, dark spot at the base of her throat.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, very nice sentence. Going to my sister-in-laws for Thanksgiving. Just bringing my cheesecake.

Diane Craver said...

I wish they'd raise the driving age - I hate hearing about teenagers being in accidents and losing their lives - so sad. In our state, they can drive at 16.

I have Thanksgiving for our adult children, friends and in laws.

That's wonderful you revised your "Summer's Song" - I'm sure BL will love it.

mslizalou said...

Great sentence! I'm heading to my sister's house in AL tomorrow afternoon. We cook everything but the turkey and dressing(bil does turkey, dad does dressing).

So sorry to hear about all the students. In TN, you can only have one other teen in your car at 16. Of course, at 17 all restrictions go away.