Saturday, August 30, 2008

TV and Movies I Can't Wait to See!

So with the coming of fall and the start of school, at least there's a bright spot: TV shows coming back on and new movies coming out. Here are the ones I can't wait to see:

TV:

Prison Break - one of my favorites! Even though last season wasn't great, I heard a rumor that they're bringing back Sarah (the love interest for Michael, the main character), so that should improve things. See: a little romance even helps an action show!

The Office - love this comedy. The only problem is that it conflicts with Grey's Anatomy, which I stopped watching last year because I was so tired of hearing Meredith whine. I still haven't given in to paying the $$$ for DVR/TivO - but maybe I should.

***

Movies:

(Careful: if you visit the links, you may see spoilers!!!!!)

"Burn After Reading" - by the Coen brothers, looks quirky and stars George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

"Blindness" - Julianne Moore plays the only person who can see in a city where everyone else has gone blind for some strange reason. Mark Ruffalo is also in it, the real reason I want to see this film, but it sounds potentially intriguing.

"The Express" - this one will be the feel-good sports movie of the fall, about the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy (that's college football, for all you non-sports fans)

"Changeling" - Angelina Jolie plays a woman who's sent to a mental institution after she meets a boy and doesn't know if he's her son or not. Already has Oscar buzz.

"Milk" - Sean Penn stars in this one, the story of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man elected to public office. Same director as "Good Will Hunting," by the way.

"Defiance" - period piece (true story) about Jewish brothers who fought the Nazis during WWII.

"The Curiuos Case of Benjamin Button" - based on an F. Scott Fitzgerald story about a man who is born old and gets younger as he gets older; Brad Pitt stars.

So there you go - you saw them here first! We'll see which ones actually turn out to be good.

And I never talk politics, and won't really here, but after this week, isn't the Presidential race shaping up to be an interesting one??

4 comments:

Liz said...

It is going to be very exciting. Just hope it stays clean.
TV - House, Survivor, Ghost Whisper - still upset Moonlight got canceled.
Movies - Day The Earth Stood Still, Bedtime Stories, City of Ember, Australia, The Road, Changling, and the new Bond Film

mslizalou said...

TV- Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl(total guilty pleasure), Chuck, and Ugly Betty(couldn't live without my dvr). I'm still mad they canceled Women's Murder Club.

Movies-I'm excited about Twilight, City of Ember, and Australia. I know there are others, but I really can't think of them right now.

windycindy said...

Yes, the Presidential race is interesting and amusing! I like
the show "Criminal Minds!" Thanks, Cindi

Dru said...

TV: Bones, Criminal Mind, CSI: NY, NCIS (only if they bring back my team), Cold Case

I'm mad they cancelled Moonlight and Women's Murder Club.

The Coen brothers movie looks very interesting.

I just want the elections to be about the issues.